Suicide Awareness and Prevention
Articles, leaflets and other resources from our parenting library
- Baby development steps
– A guide of the typical physical development stages for babies
- 7 Step Healthy and Positive Kids Plan
– From The Positive Energy Program in the U.S, here’s some guidelines on creating a healthy food and lifestyle habits for children and the family!
- Autonomy and adolescence
– A study from the University of Nebraska Lincoln about how teenagers develop autonomy, or the ability to think and make good decisions for themselves
- Parenting Across Generations
– An article by ParentingTT co-founder Barbara King, sharing some of her experiences of the impact of parenting styles from 3 different generations!
- Choosing Vacation Activities for Children
– An article by ParentingTT co-founder Barbara King, where she shares some advice on how to select activities for your children over vacation periods that will keep their brains and bodies active, and keep them safe!
Supporting parents and families
- How Is Art Therapy Beneficial to Children?
– Art Therapist Kristy Anatol shares some of the benefits that Art Therapy has for children, including language development, social development, and self esteem boost!
- Children’s Authority Act 2000
– The Act “to establish a Children’s Authority of Trinidad
and Tobago to act as the guardian of the children of
Trinidad and Tobago”
Understanding our Children
- The Role of Parents in the Lives of Teenagers
– ParentingTT co-founder Marina Torres talks about how parents can be present and supportive for their teenagers as they trek through the difficult stage that is adolescence!
- #Millennials Re-imagined
– Psychologist Ciyah Fletcher explains what a millennial is and why some of the stereotypes around them exist!